Lynn Forbes has stated that she feels some aspects surrounding her son AKA’s death will always be unknown. On Wednesday, September 27, Glammy, as she is widely called, spoke at the Metropolitan Thematic Media Roundtable.
AKA, real name Kiernan Jarryd Forbes, and his buddy Tebello “Tibz” Motsoane were killed down outside Wish on Florida Road in Durban on February 10th.
Lynn stated that she is not looking forwards to answers because she already knows how the Company hitmaker died, and that she thinks they will ever find out who the mastermind is. I’m not going to wait for answers because it will overwhelm me.
I’m trying not to search for closure since witnessing my kid die in that video and what happened to him provided me with enough closure.
“I’m still confident, but it’s not something I’m waiting for.” “I believe there will be an arrest for whoever pulled the trigger, but I’m not sure we’ll ever know who paid for the bullet,” Lynn added.She also stated that the information they have received as a family concerning the enquiry is the same information that the police have provided to the public.
“To hear information about your son’s murder and not knowing what to make sense of it and the confusion around it – so I do feel like it’s a very tough thing to deal with for me.
I guess over time I have learnt that I need to find my way through the toughest times; you need to have resilience. I’m not saying that’s okay. But the information that’s out there is the information I have. I have nothing else.
During a police briefing on Tuesday, Police Minister Bheki was questioned about the latest updates on AKA and Tibz’s murder investigation, to which he said “the cars have been found, people have been identified and the firearm used has been found.
They are chasing these people and are not far from dealing the final blow to this case,” said Cele.
“This has taken some time for the family, friends, and the nation but he was a well-known figure, AKA. But we request that police be given space to resist the push that might end in breaking their case even before they achieve the proper investigation. But it is continuing.
Earlier this month, KwaZulu-Natal (KZN) Police Commissioner, Nhlanhla Mkhwanazi, gave a similar update, adding that they have “downloaded more than 25 cell phones.”
“It’s all from people of interest that might contain information. Cell phones of people who might have been in the area or might have communicated with the deceased.
Or any other people associated with the deceased,” Mkhwanazi said.