About the role:
In accordance with the aims and objectives of the sales department, this function is responsible for managing and leading regional sales agents to ensure that all agreed-upon sales/merchandising objectives are met. The main goal is to support the creation and execution of collaborative business plans that will meet the company’s P&L needs and guarantee volume, value, distribution, and share growth inside this channel. With direct reporting to the Manager headquartered in the East area, you will be in charge of the Cape Town and Western regions in this job.
- Ensures that all customer promotions are carried out in accordance with the co-op grid as established by the KAM and the client to help maximise the return on investment from trade spending.
- Deliver all financial goals for the portfolio of the chosen accounts.
- meeting with the relevant Regional Sales Agents to conduct formal business reviews and cycle deals.
- Make sure that all promotional efforts within the area are timely carried out and shared with the appropriate agents.
- Make that shelf allocation consistently exceeds market share and SCJ goals.
- Make ensuring that merchandiser resources are utilised to their full potential and that third parties offer competitively priced, high-quality services.
- In accordance with the goals and objectives of the sales department, to guarantee that all agreed-upon sales and merchandising objectives are met.
- aids the sales director/country manager in keeping track of all operational details and makes suggestions to make sure budgets aren’t exceeded.
Experience you’ll bring:
- 3 to 5 years of sales experience with an FMCG company
- Understanding of the Categories, relevant Key Customers, and important Competitive Set
- a track record of consistently achieving goals
- understands syndicated data from “ACNielsen”
Behaviors you’ll need:
- A strategic mindset recognises the tactical and strategic aspects of business.
- clear comprehension of the many channels principles/strategies, and structures for going to market — Retail
- To drive negotiations and manage the P&L, you need strong financial abilities.
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family business founded on an adventurous spirit and winning ethically. Since more than 130 years ago, we have built renowned brands in almost every nation, including Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc®, and more. We are affecting the world around us positively through these well-known brands. But our 13,000 employees, whom we genuinely value and encourage in their pursuit of both personal and group objectives, are the combined vitality and strength that enable us to succeed.