Kwazulu-Natal government office denied that they paid 50 million towards Kwaito singer Mandala ‘Mampintsha’ Maphumulo’s funeral.
The provincial office urged the public not to abuse the power of social media to spread false rumours that dampen the great initiative that was taken to send off the star with a dignified funeral.
Mampintsha’s death came as a shock last year on Christmas eve morning. According to previous reports by The South African, the 40-year-old star previously returned from performing at a gig when he suffered a first stroke and rushed to King Edward hospital.
From there, he was transferred to another hospital in Durban where he suffered a second and fatal stroke.
On Tuesday 27 December, KwaZulu-Natal Premier Nomusa Dube-Ncube visited Maphumulo’s family and Bongekile ‘Babes Wodumo’ Simelane as they mourned Mampintsha who was not only a musician but a son, husband and father and friend to many.
The Primer office and eThekwini Municipality pledged to contribute 50 per cent of financial assistance towards the support of the kwaito star’s funeral.
According to The Citizen, the Kwazulu-Natal government disputed claims that it paid 50 million total for the Big Nuz member’s funeral.
In dismissing the rumour, they said that the gossip surely came from an imaginative person who lacked moral and spiritual values.
“It is regrettable that it [government] is forced to respond to the false rumours being spread on social media regarding its support to the dignified send-off of our Kwaito and Gqom star Mandla Mampintsha Maphumulo,” The report quoted the government as saying.
Spokesperson Lennox Mabasao broke down how finances were gathered in assisting the singer’s funeral.
The provincial government paid a total of R320 000 for the two-day send-off, which was gathered as follows:
R170 000 was provided by the Premier office.
R50 000 came from the Department of Sport, Arts and Culture,
R100 000 was contributed by the eThekwini metro.
Mabaso reportedly encouraged the public to be more cautious not to circulate false information and abuse the power of social media.
In an open letter to the provincial Premier office. Durban-based events promoter and artists manager Lindo ‘Dogg Dbn’ Buthelezi thanked the government for its involvement in arts and entertainment in the country and said that even though it was a sad occasion, their involvement in the send-off was appreciated.
“I want to commend and send the most sincere appreciation to all those who made the decision to help lay Umfowethu [my brother] to rest in such a dignified manner,” the Sunday World reported.
In other news,
Tlof Tlof Video At The Beach Goes Viral, Leaves Mzansi In Awe!
Just when you think the year is going to end with no scandals then bang, a couple is recorded at the beach busy doing tlof tlof.
The cameraman, who clearly is a genius in photography, remained hidden behind the couple but captured some interesting footage.
You might think it was the new Samsung Z Fold or Galaxy S22 ultra that got these zoom effects but it was…Watch Video