King Monada Faces Criticism for No-Show at Event and Unpaid Security, Prompting Social Media Outcry
Renowned music producer King Monada encountered trouble after failing to appear at a recent event in Tzaneen and reportedly neglecting payment to his security team.
The widely-known artist, King Monada, stirred controversy on social media when he declined to take a photo with a devoted fan, caught on camera ignoring the supporter.
Not long ago, Monada made headlines when disgruntled intoxicated attendees allegedly marched to his residence after he failed to fulfill a performance commitment at the Madupa Lodge in Bolobedu on Saturday, February 10, 2024.
Reports indicated that these individuals purportedly assaulted Monada’s security guards and family members present at the property. A news and gossip platform, MDNews, detailed the incident, mentioning the lodge owner’s visit to Monada’s house seeking explanation for his absence.
Subsequently, Monada’s family and security personnel were reportedly subjected to intimidation and physical violence by the irate attendees. Monada’s property was also reportedly vandalized during the altercation.
Following the dissemination of this news on social media, numerous users expressed their opinions on the situation. Here are some of the comments:
- @prow_II questioned the decision to schedule Monada for multiple events on the same day.
- @sphiwe_goodwill stated, “This is how artists should be treated shall they fail show up.”
- @Dingswayo_N suggested, “Can’t he pay back the money and avoid all the drama, these artists are greedy.”
- @FutureBite opined, “I said this before, Monada should stop buying expensive cars and start paying people.”
- @TheGBrown1 remarked, “It’s not a first time King Monada does this.”
- @PrincessSkhu raised concerns about Monada’s management of his commitments and urged him to honor his obligations.