Four confirmed Covid-19 cases in Gauteng schools
The Gauteng department of education is set to deploy doctors, nurses and health promoters to schools across the province ahead of the return of grade 7 and 12 pupils on June 1. The deployment of over 5,000 health workers is set to continue until March next year, according to MEC for Education, Panyaza Lesufi.
“We’re contracting people which we really believe will provide the necessary support to the system,” he said on Friday, while addressing the provincial Covid-19 command council.Lesufi said the department’s efforts to reopen schools had already been marred by challenges, including four confirmed cases of Covid-19.
“I can confirm that a parent of a learner in Bronkhorstspruit approached the department to indicate that the learner has tested positive and they wanted the department to assist in identifying and tracing all the learners that were playing with that particular learner. We have executed that task and that mandate has been finalised.”
TRENDING ON ZAnewsOnline. . . .
“My Daughter Is Not Meyiwa’s”- Kelly Khumalo Drops Bombshell