Home COVID-19 UPDATES Covid-19 | Gauteng temporarily suspends hospital visits

Covid-19 | Gauteng temporarily suspends hospital visits

328
0
Mpumalanga hospital worker accused of raping pregnant teen linked to previous similar incident

Covid-19 | Gauteng temporarily suspends hospital visits

JOHANNESBURG – Visiting hours to all Gauteng public healthcare facilities have been temporarily suspended.

The Gauteng Health Department says this is because of the third wave of COVID-19 infections.

Only one visitor per patient will be allowed in exceptional cases.

The province recorded over 7,500 new COVID-19 infections in the last 24 hours.

Meanwhile, the South African Medical Association says Gauteng’s hospitals are running out of beds.

Some patients are now being transferred to other facilities.

Read: “Covid-19 led to more men doing household chores”

The province is currently the epicentre of the third wave of COVID-19.

With the peak expected next month, there are fears health facilities will be stretched beyond capacity.

SAMA says private hospitals have been the hardest-hit but public hospitals are also taking strain.

Source | eNCA

In other news, “Norma behind plot to kill me” – Malusi Gigaba

The mud-slinging match between former minister Malusi Gigaba and his estranged wife Norma Mngoma continued at the Commission of Inquiry into State Capture on Thursday evening.

"Norma behind plot to kill me" - Malusi Gigaba

This time, Gigaba confirmed he approached the police after receiving information that Mngoma was the mastermind behind a plot to kill him last year.

He also continued to accuse Mngoma of being a…Learn More

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here