6 things you need to know about Joburg Mayor Geoff Makhubo
City of Joburg Mayor Geoff Makhubo has died after being admitted to hospital for Covid-19 complications.
The news of the mayor’s death has sent shock waves across Johannesburg, and prominent people took to social media platforms to send their condolences to the family and friends of Makhubo.
Here are six important things to know about Geoff Makhubo:
• Geoffrey Makhubo was born in Soweto on February 8, 1968 and died on July 9, 2021.
• He was a South African politician who served as the Mayor of Johannesburg from December 4, 2019.
• He was a member of the ANC and the party’s regional chair.
• He obtained a BCom degree from the University of the Witwatersrand in 1990. He had also completed many Advanced Management courses.
• He was the regional treasurer before he became the regional leader, ahead of serving as the Johannesburg MMC for Finance, under the mayorship of Parks Tau.
• On November 28, 2019, the ANC announced that it had nominated Makhubo for the position of mayor, following the resignation of Herman Mashaba. He was officially elected to the post on December 4, 2019.
In other news, Lockdown to be extended? Mistakenly leaked information Suggest
“The Level 4 restrictions will be extended as the levels of transmission remain high,” said the Presidency of South Africa.
This statement was uttered because even though the Gauteng Province was experiencing its peak, the other countries are still expected to reach their peak in the coming weeks
According to further reports from the information that was leaked recently, the new variant called the Lambda variant which is more lethal than the current variant is…Learn More